Playing cards inspired by, and featuring the artwork of, the French painter Gustave Moreau.
- Card backs and tucks feature gold cold foil
- Card faces feature gold metallic ink
- Tuck uses premium 330gsm card stock with embossing
- Deck printed on Cartamundi's premium Slimline Paper Stock with B9 True Linen Finish
- Fulfillment in US by Gambler's Warehouse, fulfillment in Europe by Deallez.
- Free Shipping in US for orders over $25.00!
The backs of the cards, like the tuck, are covered in gold cold foiled Fleur-de-lis. The Fleur-de-lis is a lasting emblem of royalty, power, honor, grandeur, faith and unity.
Gustave Moreau produced great works of art throughout the 1800's and believed that he allowed divine vision to speak through his brush. His artwork is symbolic, macabre, and absolutely impressive.
The sides of the tuck box show a quote by Moreau:
"I have never looked for dream in reality or reality in dream. I have allowed my imagination free play, and I have not been led astray by it. I believe neither in what I touch nor what I see."
I love these cards! Best cards I own. Great quality and I love the artwork. Can't wait to get the other Santiago decks!